Faraday’s pre-built integration with Segment as a destination allows us to share your Faraday data to your Segment account to activate with it.
We can push data such as Faraday Personas and your predictive Outcome, e.g. "High Risk for Churn” scores appended to your Segment, for use within Segment or other Segment destinations.
- Log into your Segment account from https://app.segment.com/
- Click “Sources” in the left-hand sidebar
3. Then in the resulting Source page, “Add Source”
4. Find “Ruby”
6. Name the Source like “Faraday”, Labels/Destinations are up to you. “Add Source”.
7. We need the “Write key” from the final screen. Copy the key and navigate to the Faraday app to input this key securely. (See bottom of document for exact steps)
8. For future reference, open the Source then “Settings” (top navigation) → “API keys” (left hand navigation)
Deliveries to Segment
- Deliveries to Segment will automatically update
traitswithin Segment, and you can see the metadata being pushed by our deliveries in the Source.
- Navigate to Sources in the left-hand sidebar and open the Faraday Source.
- Click “Debugger” along the top. If the delivery is currently copying, you can actually watch the delivery deliver.
4. The traits[persona] will provide the persona assignment
5. The traits[churn_reduction_monitor] is the score by Outcome, were churn_reduction_monitor is the outcome name (in this example, it will vary), while the value is the score percentile (0-100%)
Transmission of the key in a secure manner:
Navigate to https://app.faraday.io/destinations/new and find the "Create destination" button.
The "New destination" configuration fields will be visible to the right. Look for Segment and select it. Give your Segment a descriptive name and hit "--> Next".
Enter the Segment write key and continue to Finalize your setup and ensure Faraday has received the credentials.