- Faraday matches your customers into our database at the individual level so we need to get as much information about those individuals as possible!
- Date fields are extremely important when building predictive models, for example we like to know if someone is a customer but more importantly we need to know when they become a customer or when they purchased a certain product or took a certain action!
- We prefer to have access to Orders tables
- Best and most complete possible identifying information on every line (first name, last name, full name, email, phone, address, city, state, postcode)
- Relevant dates in ISO 8601 YYYY-MM-DD
- Statuses, product names, etc. in plain text not numeric codes
- CSV format
- Comma delimited
- Headers included
- UTF-8 encoded
- One CSV per compressed file
Optional but recommended
- Date in filename ISO 8601 YYYY-MM-DD
- Compressed with zip, gz, bz2
- Encrypted with gpg (https://knowledgebase.faraday.io/help-and-support/optimize/how-to-encrypt-files-with-gpg)
Questions to Consider
- Do you have a data dictionary or definition of the fields that are being sent over?
- How many customers do you have?
- How do we know when someone has become a customer?
- How many leads do you have?
- How is a lead defined?
- Do you maintain a mailing & billing address for your customers?
- During the sales process are you capturing physical address, email and/or phone number?
- Are there any geographic patterns we should see in your data?
- Do you only sell in certain locations?
- What is your most popular product? Least popular?
- What % of your customers have purchased your most popular product?
- What defines churn?
- Date field for churning?
- Discount codes?
- Any codes we should exclude or be aware of?
- Any 3rd party data that has been licensed?
- Where is engagement data (email) stored?
- Do you maintain a record per email sent?
- Do you have the date of the email was sent?
- Do you track engagement by emails na recipient (ie. clicks opens)
- Do you have the date of a given engagement?
- Has there been a drastic change in your marketing strategy or business overall in the last quarter? 6mo? Year? Etc?